Saturday, June 03, 2006

Czech Republic - December 2005

I thought I'd upload a few photos from my last trip to the Czech Republic, since there are a few people, mostly family, who might like to see where they will be going in October. It wont be as snowy as it was in December, but it certainly wont be 't-shirt, shorts and sandles' weather either!


A church in the town square of Tábor.

Another typical Czech church.

An example of the language problem that faces all the South Africans.

A nice little neigbourhood, very cold!

This is what the countryside looks like in parts between Prague and Tábor.

Wenceslav square. It's one of the first things I saw in Prague.

Something you won't see in South Africa!


Old town square.

Still Old Town square. I bought Lenka's temporary engagement ring there
.

The photo's a little blurry, but It's a nicely decorated street in Prague.

Prague.

The snow brought out the detail in this group of statues.

If you remember anythig about the movie Tripple X (xXx), you'll recognize this bridge.

Lenka, feeling very happy in the snow.

I can't remember what this structure is for.

This reminded me of Venice and Bruges.

One of many pieces on Prague's main bridge.

I just couldn’t resist Italian Gelato ice cream.

The chapel, situated on the hill near Prague castle.

This is a (mostly) residential area. I was suprised how many people live in big blocks of flats (like you can see in this photo).

No comments: